Happy Friday, people!
I have a lot to tell you so I’ll start with the recap of my friend’s wedding. It was beautiful!
First, I have to thank Kara, Corey and Karen for letting me borrow some of their pictures. Most of mine either came out terrible or I totally forgot to take them. Oi!
A little history: I met Kara in Biology when I was a Freshman and she was a Sophomore in high school. I had just moved to MA from Orlando and was pretty sad. Kara and I pretty much clicked right away and were friends all through school. We didn’t see each other much during college, but we reconnected after we had both graduated. During college, she met her (now husband) Steve. Kara is awesome.
Saturday, Sept. 29
The wedding was at the Four Points Sheraton in Norwood, MA and it was such a nice venue. On Saturday, we had the wedding rehearsal and then the rehearsal dinner at nearby restaurant, Olivadi Restaurant and Bar.
Kara’s soon-to-be in-laws set up the rehearsal dinner, so I’d like to thank them! The food at Olivadi was so delicious. The appetizers were cheeses and meats, veggies and fried calamari. I love calamari! For dinner, I ordered the chicken piccata and it was also great. Very light and tasty. I wish I’d thought to take pictures, especially of the dessert plate.
It was really nice to get to chat with everyone before the wedding because I didn’t really know many people. I’ve blogged about how I don’t like to go places alone, but being in a crowd where everyone knows everyone else, but me, always makes me anxious. I’m sure that’s a pretty common feeling, but it was still nice to make some connections before the actual wedding.
Sunday, Sept.30- Wedding Day
Ahhhh! I was so nervous. I know I was just a bridesmaid, but the thought of 150 people looking at me as I walked down the aisle scared me a lot! Eek!
Prepping for the wedding was sooo much fun though. We had our hair and makeup professionally done right in our hotel room. Very swanky.
Makeup! I took this pic in the bathroom, so the lighting is a little off, but you get the idea. I loved it! I rocked my curls too (curl power!).
Before we knew it, it was time to get in our “hiding places” in the room by the wedding. Kara’s mom passed away a few years ago, so Kara put this pretty picture of her mom on her bouquet. Her mom was with her the whole wedding <3
Then the wedding began! Kara and her dad.
(Thanks for this picture, Corey!)
Kara looked gorgeous. Their ceremony was very sweet and it was over before we knew it. I managed not to cry, but I came pretty close.
Me, in my awesome bridesmaid dress
Bride and Groom cutting the cake. Love this picture. Thanks Karen!
3 (of 5) bridesmaids! Kelly, Karen and Me. I couldn’t get the red eye out
I must say that we burned off a ton of calories dancing the night away. My legs were super sore the next day. Wedding Workout Win!
Yay for Steve and Kara’s wedding. It was a ton of fun and I’m so thankful that I was there to share it.
Five for Friday
I did pretty well on my goals for the week.
1. Finish my borrowed book by Monday- completed!
2. Budget my money- done! Soooo proud of this one.
3. Workout 4 times- not done. I only worked out once. I’ve been really tired all week, I think partly from the wedding and partly from the change of season.
4. Drink a cup of tea every day- except for the day of the wedding, I did have tea every day!
5. Blog three times this week- I only made it to two.
For Next Friday:
1. Give myself a manicure and pedicure. Time to start rockin’ some Fall colors.
Umm, those are awesome, but mine will probably not be that cool.
2. Workout 4 times. Ok, I need some motivation from my friends and readers here. Keep me goin, guys! My friend Diana posted this on my Facebook page.
She then posted a recipe to some ridiculous brownies. Mixed signals much?
3. Bake something. Well I might try those bars or some other fun Pinterest recipe
4. Go to yoga once. I miiiiiisss yoga!
5. Work on the blog. I have so many fun ideas for new posts- I just need to take some time to plan them out.
Have a great weekend! I’ll try and be back on Monday.
What was your favorite wedding? Were you in it or there as a guest?
Tell me one of your goals for the week.